Trapani’s historical centre is characterized by its ability to give tourists relaxation, during a nice walking through the large pedestrian zone’s streets.
– SHOPPING, FOOD & WINE, CULTURE, FREE AND EQUIPPED
BEACHES WITH A NICE NIGHT LIFE
You could discover:
– The ancient churches such as the Jesuit College, the Cathedral, the Church of San Pietro, San Domenico, the Church of Purgatorio (which preserves the Mysteries, 20 religious groups of 17th century, which lead the procession on Good Friday).
– The old buildings in Art Nouveau style, the Baroque in Corso Vittorio, Via Torrearsa, Via Garibaldi
– The fashionable shops, ice cream parlors, pastry shops, restaurants, bars with live music in the evening;
– The beaches of the Mura di Tramontana, nice in the morning for swimming and in the night for relaxing walks;
– Fishermen preparing nets for fishing and fish market with the smells and the colors and the cries of the fishermen to attract consumers
– Outside the old town we suggest to visit the Church of the Madonna di Trapani with its marble statue and the special chapels and Pepoli Museum. In the latter are kept gold and silver of the Madonna of Trapani, the ancient coral works of the trapanese coral masters of 17th-18th century (such as jewelry, ornaments, old cribs), majolica, and an rich Art Gallery